Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FASHION WEEK

Since fashion is my business, I've been checking out fashions finest at this years FASHION WEEK in NYC.
One of my favorite designers, Alexander McQueen launched a line for Target. The space was cool, open and flooded with people trying to get their hands on some McQ for 1/8 the cost of his collection. My favorite part was actually the entrance.

The next stop was another one of my favorite designers, Y-3 Collection by Yohji Yamamoto for adidas. The show was one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Walls of photographers captured every look. Kanye Huxtable, Lupe, Reggie and Kim Kardashian were blinded as they walked in by photographers. No wonder why they always wear sunglasses. The space was amazing the colorful floor in contrast with predominantly black looks were a good touch.




Nicecollective had a show in LES so I attended that. A really dark and dramatic presentation. It was sick. I was blinded by the main spotlight so I couldn't see everything. What a production though. I couldn't imagine having to put one of those on. It's hard enough getting ready for tradeshows, sales meetings, etc. It's like you work for 3 months preparing for 15 minutes... One day.