Monday, May 4, 2009

LIVING PROOF SPEAKER SERIES


Last week I was invited to the Harlem Boys and Girls Club, "Living Proof Series" to speak to kids about my career.
Also speaking was Nike EKIN, Will Eberhart. Wow, what a story. I found out that Will was working with AND1 before I was there, went to school in the Bay and now at Nike as an EKIN. Small world.

Looking back it's pretty crazy that I left the Bay Area 10 years ago and have been able to see and do as much as I have so far (key words, "so far") I'm glad I get an opportunity to explain to kids that there are more opportunities in the basketball industry then just playing.

Thanks to Manny and all the kids that showed up. Next time I think I want to have a 3 point shoot out with all the kids for t-shirts. Only thing is that there might not be many shirts given away.